ASIS ORM.1-2017 emphasizes a proactive, forward-looking approach to risk that supports the pursuit of business objectives and opportunities, as well as a process for prevention, protection, preparedness, readiness, mitigation, response, continuity, and recovery from undesirable and disruptive events. By fully integrating risk management processes throughout enterprise-wide business management activities, organizations will be empowered to make informed decisions based on best available information.
The Standard looks to eliminate “siloing” of risk by using a management systems approach that provides a holistic framework to develop and implement policies, objectives, and programs that consider:
- Context of the organization and its supply chain
- Legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations and voluntary commitments
- Needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Uncertainties in achieving its objectives
- Protection of human, tangible, and intangible assets.
The ORM.1 replaces two legacy ASIS standards that had been up for review: the ANSI/ASIS Organizational Resilience: Security, Preparedness and Continuity Management Systems (SPC.1) and ANSI/ASIS/BSI Business Continuity Management Standard (BCM.1).
- ANSI Approved
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 4.1 MB